Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Why rusty spoons, Jeff?

Rusty spoons have struck fear into my heart for many a long year. I dread the idea that they will cause me to have to work out when I last had a bloody tetanus shot. Then there is the follow up hassle of making an appointment with the doctor and wondering if your hand is going to fall off before the extremely convenient appointment two weeks away.

I have a few other phobias. The main one is a fear that my toes are not securely attached to my feet. I think that a hard enough tug will pull them right out and I will have to get special shoes.

Damn, I mentioned shoes.

Another unreasonable fear is that I will leave the house with no pants on. As this has never happened to me or anyone I know, I have no idea why the thought panics me from time to time. I have left the house with no shoes on, but that is just uncomfortable in a physical sense. With a bit of flair, it can be sold as a blow to societal conventions. A lack of pants would just look stupid.

I mentioned shoes again.

Anyway, I am heading off now, with pants firmly on.

2 comments:

  1. You no more have a fear of your toes being pulled off as I have a fear of my head getting stuck in the freezer!

    Now let me at those toes, they need a good cracking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, keep your pants on. I can't handle the current trends as it is.

    BH

    ReplyDelete